Sunday 11 January 2009

This week I have mostly been....

Watching QI, the new Bill Bailey DVD which is just awesome, saw Yes Man over the xmas hols and laughed my tits off! really funny film.

So this week work resumed on the album which I'm penciling in for a summer release. I've started orchestrating the track 'The Solitude of me which you can hear the beta version of HERE.
This track is now experiencing some throbbing synth and some great piano work thanks to my mate Chris Lewis of the welsh covers band DEVIOUS. Its great working with someone who can play what you sing to them!
This track is turning into a fantasticly dark, moody track that is reminding me of something off Marillion's Misplaced Childhood album, not sure what it is but its giving me that kind of vibe.

Recording today really got my juices flowing, cant wait to work more on more on these songs!

The EP is taking a little longer than planned to get onto the digital distribution retailers (itunes, Amazon, eMusic, Napster & Rhapsody). Looks like its not gonna be digital for a few months :(

Another thought provoking post by Andrew dubber HERE
creative snobbery really gets on my tits.

No comments: